Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to the world of E-Communications at Olathe Northwest! Scrolling through here you will find everything from Animation to Graphic Design. I will work to post all my creative and original work right here for you all to see!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Character Animation

Character Animation

     My character is a Pig with super powers--but more like just a Pig with a cape. When drawing my character, I wanted to make something cute, funny and endearing. I gave him some glasses so he would look a little "nerdy" and sweet.
     I had to touch up a lot of rough edges in photoshop with my character, but in the end he looked pretty good. I didn't know how to flip the legs around so he would be walking the right way, but with the help of Wyatt Fowler, I figured it out. I think that I have gotten the concept of keyframes down for the most part. I didn't really focus on the timing with making the legs move, I focused more on making all the movement look as natural as possible.


    The three things I learned with my Character Animation was how to make movements look natural, understood more about the pin-points and how to make other objects move with them, and how to convert a drawing into something much more! If I could fix anything it would be making the cape's movement a little more consistent and natural. I really liked this animation because you could be as creative as needed and take what we already learned and add it to make something completely our own.


    After the critique on Friday I noticed that my size was off and my cape started moving a little later than it should have. I also noticed that people really like the creativity and dorky-ness of my drawing along with the natural movement of the walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment