Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to the world of E-Communications at Olathe Northwest! Scrolling through here you will find everything from Animation to Graphic Design. I will work to post all my creative and original work right here for you all to see!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Shadow Tutorial

Shadow Tutorial

     This tutorial taught me how to create a realistic shadow with easy shapes and shapes that were deformed at the bottom (had feet or legs, etc.).     I chose this smiley faced doll. Overall he was pretty easy to extract because he was mostly one color. The only issue I had was making sure the background of the original picture didn't make a noticeable fringe. The original background was a black computer on a desk. I didn't have to warp the shadow to match up with the feet very much because he was generally standing straight with his feet in line. I had already known how to create a blur but I didn't know about how to feather an object. This will most likely come in handy many times in the future.

1 comment: