Postcard Mania
This is the first postcard that I created. I used the background picture because of the tunneling look of the trees and how pretty the leaves looked. After typing 'Happy Holidays' with each letter on a different layer (which I did using the Shift-Click shortcut), I found lots of different pictures of some of the most important people in my life today. I included two of my best friends, my dad, my stepmom, mom, stepdad, and both of my little sisters. Following this, found a preset underline off of good and extracted it from its template. I then proceeded to put it under my name to add my sophisticated detail. I am really happy with how this postcard turned out. I also really enjoyed this project because we were free to be as creative as we can be!
The next postcard I made was for my favorite city on earth: London. I have always wanted to move to or at least visit London in my lifetime. I found a picture of the streets on Google and then opened it in photoshop. I duplicated the image, and made the copy with an Overlay blend mode. This made the colors from the original picture pop out more. I then added the triangles up at the top in order to make it look like it was something you would buy at a department store, to hang on your wall at home. :) I then added the word London with a drop shadow. I pasted the layer shadow onto the shapes and onto the word England. Out of all the postcards that I made, this one is my favorite. I think that it looks like a realistic postcard and it's very simple and pretty. I had a lot of fun making it!
Last but not least, my name card. I used the back ground of a New York City skyline. It was already containing all the different colors and was very clear. The only thing that I did to change it was add a Linear Blur so it didn't distract the audience from my name. I made my name black and white to stand out, and put pictures of my family and friends inside the letters by creating clipping masks. I extracted the fireworks from a separate image and then added them to the pictures with an Overlay blend mode. I duplicated my name and flipped it upside down and placed it on the water. I turned the opacity way down to make it look like a faint reflection in the water. I really enjoyed making this masterpiece!




Stunning. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into our projects. Your hard work will pay off in spades.
ReplyDelete