Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to the world of E-Communications at Olathe Northwest! Scrolling through here you will find everything from Animation to Graphic Design. I will work to post all my creative and original work right here for you all to see!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Package Design

INSTA-MERMAID for kids

Process:
I worked with Kacie on this project and we made twin products. When brainstorming ideas for our package we tried to stay by something we would enjoy creating and knew a lot about. When deciding on a Mermaid theme, we picked out colors. I then sketched out an idea of what our mermaid might look like. I (obviously) used Ariel for inspiration. I later scanned the sketch into the computer and traced with the pen tool n order to create a clean-cut copy of our mermaid. We went on from there and created fonts, logos, slogans and an overall color scheme to follow. We were both very impressed with our final product and had tons of fun creating it together. 

My Experience:
I learned a lot of things while creating this product. I really enjoyed creating the graphics and placing them together. It was something that I really had fun with mostly because we were all so free to do whatever came to mind. I experimented with a lot of different ways to design the product and wasn't happy with any until we put it like this. I learned how to both advertise my ideas and to creatively add them to a product in which would be sold to a certain audience. 

Reflection:
Overall, this product has been one of my favorites. Kacie and I worked well together and had equal parts in the making of our product. We helped each other out when we needed it and made sure we both stayed on task. This product took quite a while but it was definitely worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment